Child Support Payment Options

Child support payments are received and processed by the New Jersey Family Support Payment Center (NJFSPC), a centralized center.

Non-custodial parents who are not paying child support through income withholding must make payments as directed by court order, whether weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc. Checks or money orders must include your child support case number and social security number and be made payable to the New Jersey Family Support Payment Center (NJFSPC). Mail payments to the New Jersey Family Support Payment Center at P.O. Box 4880, Trenton, NJ 08650-4880.

To help ensure that your account is credited properly, make sure to include your payment coupon with your payment as well as your case information and name on the payment. Do not send cash.

Important: The NJFSPC will not accept starter checks, counter checks or credit card checks. A starter check is one issued at the time a new checking account is opened. Your name and the check number must be pre-printed on checks. A counter check is issued by a bank and lacks personal information such as name, account number, address, etc. A credit card check is a check issued against a personal line of credit. Additionally, the NJFSPC will not accept post-dated checks. A post-dated check is one that has been written by the issuer for a date in the future. Unacceptable checks (as described above) will be returned to the sender.

Note: It is the policy of the New Jersey Office of Child Support Services to hold any personal check submitted for the first time equal to, or greater than, $1,000 for ten business days in order to verify that the funds are available.

Paying your Child Support online


Payments are also accepted via ExpertPay at, a secure online payment application system where you can make one-time or recurring payments directly from your bank account to the NJFSPC.

In the event that you have to stop a payment, you must contact NJFSPC customer service at 1-800-559-3772 before contacting your financial institution to stop payment. If you do not contact NJFSPC, your check may bounce and you may be prevented from making future payments with personal checks. Additional information regarding the NJFSPC can be found at enables non-custodial parents who are not required to pay child support through income withholding to pay child support using Mastercard, Visa, or Discover Card. Click here to make a payment.