Frequently Asked Questions

What if the non-custodial parent doesn't pay?

If the non-custodial parent doesn't pay, Probation will take steps to enforce the order. If not previously ordered, this may include requiring the non-custodial parent's employer to take money out of his or her pay, having the past-due amount taken out of a tax refund or lottery winnings, returning the case to court or reporting the delinquency to a credit reporting agency. Probation can also execute on the non-custodial parent's property such as bank accounts, insurance proceeds, cars, boats, or real estate.