Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for these services?

You can get an application at your county's Board of Social Services (or Welfare office) or Family Court. Information and applications are also available through the state's child support services Web site,, or by calling 1-877-NJKIDS1. There is a one-time, $6 fee to apply for full child support services. If you receive public assistance, there is no fee. You can also request partial child support services, such as:


  • Location Only

  • Medical Support Only

  • Paternity Only

  • Monitoring Only

The first three have a one-time, $6 fee to apply for each. Monitoring Only costs $25 a year.