Information on Your Support Payments


The obligor (the person who is required to pay child support) must continue to make all payments as ordered by the Court, until the court order is changed or dismissed.

To have a court order changed or dismissed, a parent or guardian must file a written request with the Family Court.

You must report a change in address, employment or your health insurance provider within 10 days of the change to the Probation Division. Failure to comply will violate the order.

Payments must be made through the New Jersey Family Support Payment Center, unless the court order says to pay someone else. The obligor may not receive credit for payments made directly to the child(ren) or obligee (the person receiving child support) unless approved by the court.

A direct deposit program is available for payments. Direct Deposit means that the support payments individuals currently receive by check may be deposited directly into their bank accounts. Direct Deposit makes support payments faster, easier and safer.

Any missed child support payment is a lien against the responsible parent’s real or personal property and may affect his or her ability to obtain credit or sell real estate.

The order may provide for a cost-of-living adjustment. If the order contains a cost-of-living adjustment provision, you will receive a reminder that the adjustment will be applied to your order about two years after the order has been issued. If your order does not contain a cost-of-living adjustment, your order will be reviewed once every three years.

If you fail to comply with the provisions of a court order, you may be sent to jail, have your driver’s license revoked and/or have other enforcement actions taken against you.

Specific information about your case, such as last payment and balance of account, is available by calling 1-877-NJKIDS1 or clicking here.